Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians and Vascular Technologists
EKG technicians often work with patients that have life-threatening heart conditions or patients that are going to go through significant surgery. It is also a highly important position that is certainly extremely gratifying for an individual that enjoys to work in the Healthcare industry with doctors and being able to help patients. As an EKG technician you will find yourself being employed in a physicians clinic, a cardiac rehabilitation facility and even in a hospital operating room.
Cardiovascular technologists and technicians and vascular technologists use imaging technology to help physicians diagnose cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) ailments in patients. They also help physicians treat problems with cardiac and vascular systems, such as blood clots.
The median annual wage of cardiovascular technologists and technicians and vascular technologists was $49,410 in May 2010.
Employment is expected to grow by 29 percent from 2010 to 2020, much faster than average for all occupations. As imaging technology evolves, medical facilities will use it to replace more invasive, costly procedures.
Adapted in part from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/cardiovascular-technologists-and-technicians.htm(visited May 31, 2013).
Length. Programs grant an associates degree, certificate, or diploma.
Prerequisites. High school diploma or equivalent is usually required.
Curriculum. The curricula of programs must ensure achievement of the Entry-Level Competencies for the Electrocardiograph Technician CET.
Certified Electrocardiograph Technician CET Training Program
Our advanced EKG Technician (CET) Diploma and National Certification Program is designed to provide the comprehensive training that will prepare you to enter into this growing and rewarding field. This program combines the personal attention of an on campus learning experience combined with the convenience of a technology based online learning program requiring up to 40 percent less time to complete training and become certified. Our program is an excellent and convenient opportunity for you to receive these credentials and qualification for EKG Technician jobs.
NAHCE online (CET) Learning Platform is packed full of Media-based activities and exercises include educational videos and simulations, collaborative class discussions, and interactive activities with the personalized attention and student-teacher interaction, and peer support available in classroom-based education. Students can utilize the NAHCE technology based online learning program at their leisure 24 hrs. a day.
NAHCE online Program Features:
- online (CET) Learning Platform: Prepares students for national EKG certification examination. Checkpoint Questions and student CD exercises correlated to the Learning Outcomes make the learning process interactive and promote increased comprehension. The variety of materials included with the program provides for multiple learning styles and ensures student success.
- 12-Lead Interpretation in a simple step-by-step format. The how-to on ischemia, injury & infarction, axis deviation, left ventricular hypertrophy, bundle branch block, and action potential.
- Coverage detailing attaching a patient to a Cardiac Monitor. This skill reinforces the 3 limbs referenced in Einthoven's Triangle and gives the Lead II view referenced for Rhythm Interpretation.
- Quick reference cards at the end of the text include the 5-step Process and dysrhythmia categories, plus common 12-Lead connection locations and more!
- Einthoven Triangle definition in PPT files and within the student CD activities
- Immediate feedback and student instructor interaction with online assignments, quizzes and practice test.
- Students have access to all their course materials, including the media-rich online textbook from mobile phone or home computer.
- Text: Electrocardiograph for Healthcare Professionals, with Student CD Third Edition By Kathryn A. Booth
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) Exam online Study Guide.
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) Exam online Practice Test.
- NAHCE Certified EKG Technician Diploma.
Certified Electrocardiograph Technician CET Training Course Curriculum:
Electrocardiograph EKG Technician Diploma and Certification
Electrocardiograph Technician Diploma and Certification meets the requirements of the certifying bodies through which you can become a Nationally Certified Electrocardiograph Technician CET and gives you an edge when applying for jobs. The NAHCE Diploma tells your employer that you have receive the highest standards of education and credentials recognition and have met the educational requirements of the certifying bodies in your field.
Certified Electrocardiograph EKG Technician (CET) National Certification
After successful completion of the program you will receive the NAHCE Medical Assistant Diploma which will qualify you to sit for the Certified Electrocardiograph EKG Technician Exam for National Certification.
NAHCE is a training provider and agent for the NHA National Certification Exams accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and issues certifications through National Healthcareer Association, Inc.
In order to qualify as a candidate for NAHCE Sponsored Certification Testing an individual must obtain one of the following:
- NAHCE Electrocardiograph EKG Technician Diploma.
- Be confirmed as a graduate of a recognized Electrocardiograph EKG Technician Program or School.
- Confirmed employment by a medical facility as a Electrocardiograph EKG Technician for a minimum of 2 years.
Qualified canidates will be require to complete the Study Guide and Exam Assessment prior to Exam Registration