Medical Laboratory Assistant, Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians
Medical Laboratory Assistants are health care professionals that are increasingly in demand. Medical Laboratory Assistants collect blood for a laboratory analysis to help assess a patient's medical condition. CMLAs also offer a number of crucial services in practically every clinic, hospital, doctor’s office, lengthy-term care center and other medical facilities.
Medical laboratory technologists (also known as medical laboratory scientists) and medical laboratory technicians collect samples and perform tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances.
The median annual wage of medical laboratory technologists was $56,130 in May 2010. The median annual wage of medical laboratory technicians was $36,280 in May 2010.
Employment of medical laboratory technologists is expected to grow by 11 percent between 2010 and 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Employment of medical laboratory technicians is expected to grow by 15 percent between 2010 and 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Compare the job duties, education, job growth, and pay of medical and clinical laboratory technologists and technicians with similar occupations.
Adapted in part from the
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians,
on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/health care/medical-and-clinical-laboratory-technologists-and-technicians.htm(visited May 31, 2013).
Length. Programs grant an associates degree, certificate, or diploma.
Prerequisites. High school diploma or equivalent is usually required.
Curriculum. The curricula of programs must ensure achievement of the Entry-Level Competencies for the Medical Laboratory Assistant CMLA.
Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant CMLA Training Program
Our advanced Medical Laboratory Assistant CMLA Training Program is designed to provide the comprehensive training that will prepare you to enter into this growing and rewarding field. This program combines the personal attention of an on campus learning experience combined with the convenience of a technology based online learning program requiring up to 40 percent less time to complete training and become certified. Our program is an excellent and convenient opportunity for you to receive these credentials and qualification for Medical Laboratory Assistant jobs.
NAHCE online (CMLA) Learning Platform is packed full of Media-based activities and exercises include educational videos and simulations, collaborative class discussions, and interactive activities with the personalized attention and student-teacher interaction, and peer support available in classroom-based education. Students can utilize the NAHCE technology based online learning program at their leisure 24 hrs. a day.
NAHCE Online Program Features:
- online (CMLA) Learning Platform: 120 classroom hours.
- Immediate feedback and student instructor interaction with online assignments, quizzes and practice test.
- Students have access all their course materials, including the media-rich online textbook from mobile phone or home computer.
- Text: Palko's Medical Laboratory Procedures, 3/e.
- 48 laboratory classroom hours of lecture and hands-on competency procedures training and Practical Internship: Hands-on instruction in a variety of collection techniques, including vacuum collection devices, syringe and capillary/skin-puncture methods.(35min - 100 successful, unaided blood collections).
- Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant(CMLA) Exam online Study Guide.
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CMLA) Exam online Practice Test.
- NAHCE Medical Laboratory Assistant Diploma.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (CMLA) Training Course Curriculum:
- Safety in the Laboratory
- The Microscope
- Math in the POL
- Statistics in the POL
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Recordkeeping in the POL
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Urinary System
- Collection and Preservation of the Urine Specimen
- Physical and Chemical Properties of the Urinalysis
- Microscopic Properties of the Urinalysis
- Routine Venipuncture
- Advanced Venipuncture Techniques
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit: Manual Procedures
- White Blood Cell Count and Red Blood Cell Count: Manual Hematological Procedures
- Differential White Blood Cell Count: Manual Procedure
- Automated Hematology and Quality Control
- Advanced Hematology Procedures
- Blood Coagulation
- Blood Glucose: Measurement and Monitoring
Medical Laboratory Assistant (CMLA) Diploma and Certification
NAHCE College of Allied Health is among the nations leading health care Certification training providers. NAHCE Certification programs are designed for committed and knowledgeable health care professionals and structured around convenient, flexible, and affordable online courses. Our certificate programs allow for working adults to balance education with work and other obligations while expanding career opportunities and increasing income potential. After program completion your Diploma will be a stand-alone educational credential and earned academic credit towards a bachelors or masters degree.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (CMLA) Diploma and Certification meets the requirements of the certifying bodies through which you can become a Nationally Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant and gives you an edge when applying for jobs. The NAHCE Diploma tells your employer that you have receive the highest standards of education and credentials recognition and have met the educational requirements of the certifying bodies in your field.
Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant (CMLA) National Certification
After successful completion of the program you will receive the NAHCE Medical Laboratory Assistant Diploma which will qualify you to sit for the Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant Exam for National Certification.
NAHCE is a training provider and agent for the NHA National Certification Exams accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and issues certifications through National health career Association, Inc.
In order to qualify as a candidate for NAHCE Sponsored Certification Testing an individual must obtain one of the following:
- NAHCE Medical Laboratory Assistant Diploma.
- Be confirmed as a graduate of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant Program or School.
- Confirmed employment by a medical facility as a Medical Laboratory Assistant for a minimum of 2 years.
Qualified candidates will be require to complete the Study Guide and Exam Assessment prior to Exam Registration