Medical Billing and Coding Specialization Courses
Prepare for a career in medical coding and qualify to take the most popular National Certification exams including the National Healthcareers Association's Billing and Coding Specialist National Exam. Our Comprehensive medical coding training Program is designed around inexpensive online courses and an ideal way for competent individuals to earn the necessary credentials to become a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist.
Precise coding is essential to the successful operation of any health care facility or providers office, considering the fact that reported codes determine the amount of reimbursement received. Medical billing and Coding provide an essential service to a physician’s offices, hospital outpatient facilities and ambulatory surgical centers (ASC)s. Every time a patient receives professional health care the service provider must document the services and translate them into a billing claim. Medical billing and Coding abstracting the information from documentation and use classification software to assign the appropriate clinical codes and ensure the practice receives reimbursement for the work the health care provider performs. Medical billing and Coding are often responsible for organizing and managing health information databases and registries for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and to assure the accuracy, security and confidentiality of the patients health information.
The need for heatlh care services are forecasted to increase as the society gets older. An aging populace will require more exams, medical treatments, and procedures. This will dictate more claims for reimbursement from insurance providers. Substantially more records, along with universal utilization of electronic health records ( EHRs ) by all types of health care providers will lead to an increased need for technicians to organize, manage and code the affiliated information in all areas of the health care industry. As EHR systems are more common, Medical Billing and Codings with computer skills will be necessary to use them. Most Medical Billing and Codings work in hospitals or physicians’ offices. Others are employed in nursing care facilities or for government entities. Technicians typically work at desks or in offices and may spend many hours in front of computer monitors.Search Jobs Region 1 Search Jobs Region 2
The health care industry is in demand for highly trained office staff in: medical office administration, procedures, medical terminology and technology, medical law and ethics. Additionally managing health records and medical billing is becoming much more high-tech. Medical administrative assistants with electronic health records (EHR), medical coding and billing training are becoming the new standard. This is one of the fastest growing careers in the healthcare industry. CMAA’s can work at clinics, urgent care facilities, dental offices, nursing homes, chiropractic offices, hospitals, insurance companies.
According to AAPC The average medical coder across all AAPC membership (certified and non-certified) earns approximately $49,872 per year. The average medical coder with no certification earns approximately $39,956 per year while professionals with one certification earns approximately $52,588. Medical coders who specialize and certify as a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA®) or Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM®) averages over $64,000 annually.
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Introduction to Coding and
- Introduction to Modifiers
- Evaluation and Management Codes, Part 1: Key Components
- Evaluation and Management Codes, Part 2: Preventive Medicine, Long-Term Care Services, Critical Care, and Modifiers
- Anesthesia Coding
- Surgery Coding, Part 1: The Global Surgical Package, Surgical Modifiers, and Surgery Guidelines–Integumentary System
- Surgery Coding, Part 2: Surgery Guidelines–Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Digestive, Urinary, Genital, Nervous, Visual, and Auditory Systems
- Radiology Coding
- Pathology and Laboratory Coding
- Medicine Coding
- Category II and Category III Coding
- HCPCS Level II Coding: Introduction and Guidelines
- Coding Medical Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, PharmaHealthtical, and Ambulance & Other Transportation Services
- HCPCS Level II Modifiers
- Introduction to ICD-10-PCS
- Procedure Coding Practicum
- Introduction to Diagnostic Coding
- Introduction to the ICD-10-CM
- General Guidelines and Notations
- Coding Infectious Diseases (A00-B99)
- Coding Neoplasms (C00-D49)
- Coding Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders Involving the Immune Mechanism (D50-D89)
- Coding Conditions of the Endocrine and Metabolic Systems (E00-E89)
- Mental and Behavioral Disorders (F01-F99)
- Diseases of the Nervous System (G00-G99)
- Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa (H00-H59)
- Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process (H60-H95)
- Coding Circulatory Conditions (I00-I99)
- Coding Respiratory Conditions (J00-J99)
- Coding Diseases of the Digestive System (K00-K94)
- Coding Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues (L00-L99)
- Coding Musculoskeletal Conditions (M00-M99)
- Diseases of the Urinary System (N00-N99)
- Coding Obstetrics and Gynecology (O00-O99)
- Coding Congenital and Pediatric Conditions (P00-P96)(Q00-Q99)
- Coding Injuries, Poisonings and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes [Including Burns] (S00-T88)
- Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact With Health Services (Z00-Z99)
- Hospital (Inpatient) Diagnosis Coding
- Complete Diagnostic Coding Review
- standard prefixes
- word roots
- rules for taking a singular term and making it plural are studied
- including spelling
- word analysis
- word building
- blood and lymphatic
Nahce Billing and Coding National Specialist Continuing Heath Education
Nahce Billing and Coding National Specialist Continuing Heath Education tells your employer that you have receive the highest standards of Billing and Coding education and have met the educational requirements of the certifying bodies in your field. Our graduates receive the highest levels of credentials recognition required to pursue jobs in the high demanding field of Medical Assisting. After program completion your Certified Billing and Coding National Certification Continuing Heath Education will be a stand-alone educational credential. It will also be an earned academic credit towards other or degree programs.
Certified Billing and Coding National Certification
Nahce is a Continuing Heath Education provider and agent for the NHA National Exams National Health Career Association, Inc. After program completion, students will be qualified to take the National Healthcareers Association's Billing and Coding Specialist National Exam.
Nahce is a Continuing Heath Education provider and agent for the NHA National Exams National Health Career Association, Inc. After program completion, students will be qualified to take the National Healthcareers Association's Certified Billing & Coding Specialists (CBCS) National Exam.
Nahce is a Continuing Heath Education provider and agent for the NHA National Certification Exams National Healthcareers Association, Inc.
In order to qualify as a candidate for Nahce Sponsored Certification Testing an individual must obtain one of the following:
- Nahce Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Badge
- Be confirmed as a graduate of a recognized Medical Billing and Coding Program or School.
- Confirmed employment by a medical facility as a Medical Billing and Coder for a minimum of 2 years.
Online Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Continuing Heath Education Program Course Package Cost:
|All Tracks||Online Learning Platform|
|Cost Per Continuing Education Unit||$79|
|Number of Major Continuing Education Units||18 CEU|
EBooks and optional textbook hard copies purchased separately. All associated fees are included in the price of tuition.
Nahce offers the highest standards of academic quality at affordable tuition rates with easy payment options. Invest in yourself and the most promising health career opportunities today.
PAY IN FULL Total cost: $1422 USD
$399 down $99 month x11 Total cost: $1488 / $99.00 USD - monthly
$199 down $76 month x18 Total cost: $1556 / $76.00 USD - monthly
We make the following guarantee:
If you’re not satisfied and feel you can't succeed and wish to withdraw from the course for any reason, you can do so in the first 5 days and get 100% of your money back, instantly, no questions asked.
Here's how it works:
- After Enrolment, you’ll receive all the course ware and materials.
- Take up to five full days to experience one of the most intuitive user experiences available today for any learning system.
- See how our system combines the right mix of rich functionality and intuitiveness with easy to follow step-by-step lessons and assignments.
- If you would like to withdraw from the program for any reason call our toll-free number any time within those first five days and we’ll automatically cancel your enrolment and refund your payment in full.
Nahce Application process:
To register for Nahce Badge and Continuing Heath Education Programs, please follow the steps below.
- Read the program information packet of your selected program to prepared for the application process. Please contact an Nahce admissions Counsellorsto answer any questions you may have.
- Fill out the application form with your details. Answer all questions completely, incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Once your application has been accepted and approved you will receive a conformation email. Read your conformation email, and click on the web link it contains.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
- Enroll into the class of your choice. You will be required to pay the tuition with a major credit card. Payment options are available. All associated fees are included in the price of tuition. Ebooks and Optional textbook hard copy purchased separately.