As an Apprenticeship workforce professional, you will be expected to carry out the specific tasks that you have learned in your Health Education program. Additionally, you will learn advanced skills which will be taught by the health care staff throughout your Apprenticeship. How well you perform is very important. You should demonstrate your learning potential and be an exceptional team player as your Apprenticeship site will likely be considering you as a prospective employee. Make sure you implement appropriate interpersonal skills, maintain a professional appearance and manifest an excellent attitude. Comply with the following guiding principle's and motivate yourself to strengthen your desire to learn and you will discover your Apprenticeship process to be an experience of outstanding value and rewarding results.
In most cases you will be.
For NAHCE And degree program workforce professionals may extern at the following facilities:
- Medical Centers
- Medical Billing and Insurance Companies
- Doctor's Offices
- List each one of these sites and including the Address and telephone number.
- Research your comprised list to see whether their office hours blend with your schedule.
- Contact the sites on your list and request to speak with the human resource manager or with the organization's manager. Ask him/her about the Availability of an Apprenticeship. If they have availability, request the information they will need to Arrange for an Apprenticeship interview.
- Most Apprenticeship sites require that you send them your resume while others have an application they would like for you to fill out. You may even be Asked to come in and fill out the application or submit your resume in person.
- If you are uncertain how you may approach a potential Apprenticeship site, call NAHCE Health Career Staffing Center workforce professional Services and request a mock interview and questioning over the phone. They can give you guidance and suggestions regarding how to respond to the questions you may be asked and also can provide help with your resume.
- Applicants are required to be currently enrolled in an NAHCE Health Education or degree program and in good disciplinary standing.
- Applicants need to have earned a minimum grade point average of 3 .0.
- Once a sponsor site requests any information from the NAHCE it is the responsibility of the workforce professional to let Health Career Staffing Center workforce professional Services know ASAP.
- Some extership sponsor sites require that you have immunizations completed as well as drug screens and background checks.
- These processes typically take some time so it's important to start looking for your sponsor site as soon as possible.
- The Apprenticeship Sponsor Site should have one or more full-time staff members who can serve as a mentor and educator for the workforce professional.
- The Apprenticeship Sponsor Site will need to have a posted harassment policy .
- The Apprenticeship Sponsor Site will need to have liability insurance
- The Apprenticeship Sponsor Site can not be in a private residence .
- In case you are not sure if a particular site will qualify please contact Health Career Staffing Center workforce professional Services. They will be able to Approve your chosen site or tell you if the site will not work.
- After your site is approved and has excepted your Apprenticeship an Affiliation Agreement Form will need to be completed by the sponsor site and sent to the NAHCE Health Career Staffing Center workforce professional Services.
- Some Apprenticeship sponsor sites may have their own Affiliation Agreement. If your sponsor site needs an agreement with the nahce, be sure you acquire the contact information of the person we will need to get in touch with.