NAHCE Nursing AssistantNAHCE features the Nations most reputable online continuing health education courses. NAHCE Nursing Assistant courses are a cost-effective and a convenient way to earn the essential credentials to become a NAHCE Nursing Assistant
After successful courses completion, our students acquire the NAHCE Nursing Assistant Certificate and Badge Of Completion and will be qualified for certification testing with National Healthcareers Association and or other certifying agencies.
NAHCE Nursing AssistantTraining And Certification
NAHCE Nursing Assistant Careers
Home care aides, Nurse Assistants, and medical assisting and are among the top 10 occupations with the largest job growth.
What NAHCE Nursing Assistants Do.
NAHCE Nursing AssistantNAHCE Nursing Assistant s have a wide range of roles and responsibilities. The most typical tasks consist of recording medical histories and vital signs, discussing treatment procedures to patients and preparing them for examiNations and conducting test procedures. Additionally, NAHCE Nursing Assistant s collect and catalogue laboratory specimens, implement standard laboratory tests. Subsequently, they are responsible for disposal of the contaminated supplies and sterilizing the medical equipment used for testing. Some areas of speciality include preparing taking electrocardiograms, removal stitches, and replacing dressings. As well as, arranging and administering medications and instructing to the patients the use and dosage per the physicians directions. NAHCE Nursing Assistant s duties are varied according to the State law of the heath care provider's location.
Skills to obtain
EKGNAHCE Nursing Assistant conduct procedures and manage equipment that tests, monitors and documents electrical activity of a patients' cardiovascular system using a moble EKG Machine. These test are used to assist cardiologists and physicians in identifying and treating cardiac and blood vessel abnormalities. These procedures are non-invasive and usually conducted as part of a routine examiNation before surgical procedures. These types of test include standard electrocardiogram exams, 12-lead placement, cardiac catheterization, Holter monitoring, phonocardiography, stress testing, and vectorcardiography. The tests also detect and diagnose medical illnesses such as coronary artery disease, angina, arrhythmias and pericarditis.
PhlebotomyPhlebotomy is a skilled field of clinical practice primarily based around the collecting and proper handling of human specimens and plays a primary role in laboratory testing and home health patient care. Under the direction of a physician or licensed health care professional, NAHCE Nursing Assistant s collect blood and other specimens from patients and accurately catalog the specimens for specific lab test and deliver the specimens to the lab.
The Necessities Of Nursing Assistant
Detail oriented. Medical Assistants need to be precise when taking vital signs or recording patient information. physicians and insurance companies rely on accurate records.
Interpersonal skills. Medical Assistants need to be able to discuss patient information with other medical personnel, such as physicians. They often interact with patients who may be in pain or in distress, so they need to be able to act in a calm and Health Professional manner.
Technical skills. NA's should be able to use basic clinical instruments so they can take a patient's vital signs, such as heart rate and blood pressure.
- document medical history and vital signs,
- discuss treatment procedures and options with patients,
- set up and prepare the patient for examinations and test procedures,
- collect and catalog laboratory specimens,
- execute standard lab tests,
- give assistance to doctors and nurses through examinations and treatments,
- Basic Emergency Care
- Measuring and Recording Vital Signs
- Obtaining and Monitoring an Electrocardiogram
- Assisting with Admissions and Discharge
- Bedmaking and Hygiene
- Assisting With Grooming
- Assisting With Nutrition and Fluids
- Assisting With Urinary Elimination
- Assisting With Bowel Elimination
- Assisting with Oxygen Needs
- Blood Collecting and Processing
- Specimen Collecting and Testing
- Care of the Surgical Patient
- Heat and Cold Applications
- Care of Wounds and Pressure Ulcers
- Rehabilitative and Restorative Care
- Care of Women and Children
- Caring for the Older Adult
- Caring for Patients with Mental Health Needs
- Caring for Patients with Chronic Conditions
- dispose of the contaminated supplies,
- disinfect medical instruments,
- take electrocardiograms,
- remove stitches,
- prepare patients for x-rays,
- replace dressings.
Salary And Job Outlook of a NAHCE Patient Care / Technician or simular
Salary And Job Outlook by Percentile
|10th||NA||$33,771||US||June 28, 2019|
|25th||NA||$34,097||US||June 28, 2019|
|50th||NA||$36,733||US||June 28, 2019|
|75th||NA||$39,427||US||June 28, 2019|
|90th||NA||$41,881||US||June 28, 2019|
NA Average Salary = $36,433Search NA Jobs
NAHCE NURSE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE AND BADGE OF COMPLETION (BOC)
The NAHCE Nursing Assistant Certificate and badge of completion (BOC) tells your employer that you have received the highest standards in Nursing Assistant education, information, and knowledge meeting the educational requirements of the certifying bodies in this field.
After receiving the NAHCE Nursing Assistant (BOC) you will be trained to PASS the following certification exams:
The NHA Nursing Assistant / Assistant Certification (CNA/A) is a nationally accredited certification program, that meets or exceeds the accreditation criteria of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), ensuring the highest quality standards. The CNA/A exam tests the most current and relevant competencies necessary to ensure proficiency in performing tasks associated with a patient care technician. Nursing Assistant s/Assistants are critical team members in a variety of healthcare settings like hospitals, and Nursing homes, and anywhere patients need specialized care. Becoming a CNA/A with NHA shows that you are knowledgeable and ready to be a valued member of a healthcare team.
The Certified NAHCE Nursing Assistant
This is one of the fastest-growing careers in the healthcare industry. NA's can work for doctors, nurse practitioners, at clinics, urgent care facilities, home health facilities, nursing homes and hospitals,
Percent Change In Employment, Projected 2016-2423%
Nurse, psychiatric, and home health aides11%
Nurse Assistants and orderlies8%
Note: All occupations includes all occupations in the U.S. economy. Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic, Employment Projections Program
PN 295 : NAHCE Patient Care Technician Apprenticeship and CapstoneLearning Outcomes:
Optional Prerequisite: HS 105 : Medical TerminologyLearning Outcomes:
- standard prefixes
- word roots
- rules for taking a singular term and making it plural are studied
- including spelling
- word analysis
- word building
- blood and lymphatic
Optional Prerequisite: HS 125 : Anatomy & PhysiologyLearning Outcomes:
- List in sequence the levels of biological organization in the human body
- Describe the anatomical position of the human body
- Define and locate the principal regions and cavities of the body
- Describe the stages of a cells life cycle
- List and describe the functions of the skin
- List and describe the functions of the skeletal system
- Describe the structure of muscle
- Distinguish between the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system
- Describe the structure and function of the main parts of the brain